Rifts Earth 4e Saga
A Borg was once a human, or elf, or dwarf, or almost any creature possessing a brain and intelligence, what they were doesn’t matter anymore. Now they are a metal hulk; choosing or being forced to become a Borg is a one way ticket, their old lives are gone forever. Borgs can come from the ranks of the military as soldiers, or be escaped slave labor who has worked in dark horrible mines the likes of which normal humans cannot withstand. Most Borgs have seen things that would curdle their blood, if they had any.
GAME RULE INFORMATION
Abilities: Primary ability is Strength (20 req. after bonus), secondary are Constitution and Dexterity.
Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: Borg Armor Proficiency; Proficient in all Simple and Military weapons and rail guns.
Starting P.P.E. Base: 0, and never gains any.
Starting Bonuses: +4 STR, +4 CON, +2 DEX, -4 CHA, -2 WIS, +2 Speed, +2 Endurance, +2 Intimidate, +2 Perception, natural DR2, +10 HP at levels 1,11 and 21.
Starting Skills: Intimidate & Endurance. Choose 3 more from: Athletics, Acrobatics, Computers, Mechanics, Perception and Pilot.
Hit Points and Healing Surges: 30+Con HP at 1st level, 8+Con each additional level. 10+Con surges.
Starting Feats: Burst Fire and Die-Hard.
Standing anywhere from 7 to 10 feet tall and weighing in at over 1000 lbs. Full Conversion Borgs are completely made of metal, save for the brain and part of the spine. Borgs still require nutrients and water, but in far less quantities than an ordinary human. Naturally immune to many fortitude attacks, poison, some paralysis, psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics (all), See Aura, disease, nausea, fatigue and exhaustion, they only need 2 hours of rest per day, and can operate for 96 hours straight without tiring. Borgs possess a natural DR when not in any armor, and gain a bonus to Fortitude defense. Incredible physical power, enhanced endurance and bionic agility gives bonuses to Strength, Constitution, Dexterity and Speed, and can attain a land-speed close to 90 Mph. However, due to the loss of their humanity Borgs suffer a penalty to Charisma and Wisdom and as can never learn psionics or magic. Senses of sight, smell, taste and hearing are all provided by electronic systems and function slightly better than normal organic senses. The sense of touch however is much less acute from the conversion technology, and tasks that require a soft touch are very difficult or impossible to perform.
Where ever a Borg goes it gets noticed.
Modular Bionic Attachments
As an enormous piece of technology, you may purchase or find attachments throughout your career to increase your statistics, abilities, and systems. Usually an Operator or Robo-Doc is also required to help install such items, although there are a few plug-and-play bionics. You begin with a few technological advantages:
- A physical computer jack built into the wrist; ability to transmit the techno-can interface language for computers.
- Advanced ear sound filtration, gain a +4 to save versus deafening/sonic effects.
- Mechanical eyes with polarized filters, gain +4 to save versus blindness effects caused by light.
- Internal HUD over field of vision, can be toggled on and off, gain +1 to attack rolls when active.
- An internal 10 mile range radio, activated as a free action.
- An external loudspeaker for voice or any recorded sounds.
- Built-in clock/calender (PA Calender) and gyro compass.
- Internal 4 hour oxygen supply for use during extended periods underwater, or in hostile atmospheres. Switching to personal oxygen supply is a minor action.
- A powered plasma rod which is a melee weapon that inflicts 2D6+Str plasma damage on a hit. The weapon may be discharged 12 times before it requires recharging, which is done by storing it back in the leg compartment for a period of at least one hour.
Choose three more from this list, additional upgrades can be purchased at participating retailers:
- Video and audio recording capability through the eyes and ears.
- Motion Detector and 5 mile 12 target radar built into the waist.
- Internal computational computer. Allows for basic and advanced mathematics calculations, upgrade-able with purchased software to improve many skills and abilities, adds a +2 attack rolls with launched weapons such as missiles and grenades.
- Automatic Language Translator. Supports input and output in the 9 most common languages of Rifts Earth, (American, Spanish, Techno-Can, Dragonese/Elven, Chinese, Japanese, Gobbely, Faerie Speak and Euro; more rare language packs may be located for a price.)
- Secret Compartments (2). Built into the chest and a leg, 12” x 5” x 3.5”.
- Passive Night-vision & Thermal Imagery. Upgraded hardware installed in the head which allows you to boost available light or see the world in the spectrum of heat. This has the effect of negating concealment in some cases.
- Prehensile Tail. It looks downright creepy, -2 penalty to Charisma, but it provides a +1 bonus to Dexterity. It can also grab things as a third usable appendage and can hold a Borgs entire weight(1 ton limit). The tail has a strength attribute 2 points lower than your starting Strength.
- Retractable Vibro Claw. +3 Proficiency bonus, 3D6 damage, ‘Vibro’ damage property.
- Unique Human-like Appearance. Purely cosmetic, this over-skin covers most of the exposed areas on the Borg, reducing the Borg’s penalty to Charisma by +2.
Quick movements and feints allow the Borg to make almost everything flinch. Once per encounter as a free action, you may push all adjacent targets up to 3 squares away from you, you may shift to follow any target, stopping in any square along the way.
In combat, it’s dangerous to ignore a Borg. Every time you attack an enemy, whether the attack hits or misses, the target becomes marked. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While a target is marked, they take a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.
In addition, whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and either shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a basic attack against that enemy as an immediate interrupt.
Bonus Feats: Accelerated Attack, Advantageous Attack, Alertness, Angled Throw, Armor Specialization, Autofire Sweep, Brink Of Death, Burst Fire, Careful Shot, Cleave, Coalition Military Training, Collateral Damage, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Conditioning, Coordinated Attack, Coordinated Barrage, Critical Strike, Crossfire, Deadeye, Defensive Mobility, Desperate Gambit, Distant Advantage, Dodge, Double Attack, Duck And Cover, Durable, Far Shot, Flash And Clear, Free Quebec Military Training, Great Cleave, Group Assault, Gun In Your Face, Hercules Type Shit, Impetuous Move, Improved Charge, Improved Defenses, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Rapid Shot, Improved Rapid Strike, Ion Resistance, Jack Of All Trades, Lazlo Military Training, Long Jumper, Opportunistic Retreat, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Power Blast, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Rapid Strike, Reaping Blade, Reckless Offense, Relentless, Resurgence, Return Fire, Savage Attack, Sidekick, Skill Focus, Skill Training, Strafe, Staggering Attack, Tactical Advantage, Thermal/Infrared/Passive Night-Vision Optics, Toughness, Triple Attack, Triple Crit, Two Weapon Defense, Two Weapon Style, Two-Weapon Threat, Ultra-Ear Upgrade, Walk It Off, Wary Defender, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus, Weapon Proficiency, Wicked Strike, and Zero Range.
Starting Equipment: Hooded cloak or poncho, sunglasses, lighter, cigars, 100 feet of heavy cable (1500 lb test), portable tool kit, utility belt, knapsack, backpack, 2 large sacks, two canteens, bandolier of grenades (3 fragmentation, 3 plasma), survival knife, Vibro greatsword or greataxe, ballistic revolver & holster, ion pistol & holster, laser cannon w/harness, 36 spare rounds, 3 E-Clips, 4 e-canisters for cannon, light Borg assault armor and personal items.
Full Conversion Borg Talent Trees
|You’re In My Square||STR 20, Borg||You may make a Strength vs. Will attack as a move action to shift an enemy one square and shift into the now vacant square yourself.|
|GTFO||You’re In My Square||If you successfully melee attack an enemy whom you have shifted, you inflict an additional 1D10 damage and the target is knocked prone.|
|Stop Right There||STR 20, Borg||When you are successful in making an opportunity attack, the targets movement stops immediately.|
|And Don’t You Move||Stop Right There||Your opportunity attacks Immobilize (save ends) your target when successful.|
|Fists of FSU||Str 22||You can make unarmed attacks with your bionic appendages that hit with the force of a great maul or hammer; 2D10 damage +3 Prof bonus and gains the property High Crit.|
|Power Punch||Fists of FSU||Crushing your opponent’s armor into them, when making a melee punch attack you ignore 5DR of your opponent’s armor.|
|Facesmasher||Fists of FSU||When you deal damage with your appendage, the target becomes Dazed, save ends.|
|Stunning Blower||Fists of FSU, Facesmasher||Once per encounter you can make a target who would be Dazed by Facesmasher, Stunned save ends.|
|Robot Legs||Borg||You are not affected by difficult terrain.|
|Anti-Knockdown||Robot Legs||If an effect commands you to save or become prone, you automatically succeed, if you are normally allowed no save, you are allowed one now.|
|Armored Defense||na||Add your Con bonus to your AC.|
|Juggernaut||Armored Defense||Your Armor no longer reduces your movement speed.|
|Improved Armored Defense||Armored Defense||Add a permanent +5 to Fortitude defense.|
|Ion Regulation||Ion Resistance Feat||Increase your Ion DR by your Constitution modifier.|
Robotic Advantages Tree
|Enhanced Bionic Senses||Borg||Reroll perception checks, you must take the second result.|
|Laser Targeting Eye||Enhanced Bionic Senses||Once per encounter you can reroll a ranged weapon attack that misses.|
|Heads Up Display Acuity||Enhanced Bionic Senses||You have grown so accustomed to looking at the world through your H.U.D. that you can judge distances more accurately than others. Gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with all ranged weapons.|
|Head ‘Literally’ On a Swivel||Borg||You cannot be flanked.|
Tech Add-ons Tree
|Battle Computer||na||You gain Insight as a trained skill, and can make a DC 12+target’s level, Insight check as a minor action, to know the approximate HP of all enemies you can see.|
|Cover Fire||Battle Computer||When you attack with a ranged energy weapon all allies within 6 squares gain a +1 bonus to Reflex and AC until the start of your next turn.|
|Draw Fire||Battle Computer||Make a Intimidate attack against Will as a minor action to keep all allies within 6 squares of you from being targeted until the end of your next turn.|
|Iron Clad Brain||Battle Computer||You gain a +5 bonus to your will defense.|
|Coordinated Assault||Battle Computer||Once per encounter, make a DC: 12+target’s level Insight check as a move action to grant all allies within radio range a +1d6 to damage against a single target until the start of your next turn.|
|Calculate Weakness||Battle Computer||As a minor action, once per encounter you may ignore the DR of a single target until the end of your turn.|